Re: [MV] Possibly OT: Opinions, please?? Local "code enforcement" idiots trying to steal your MV's?

From: Colin Macgregor Stevens (seaforth72@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 00:02:01 PDT

Contacting the City Attorney and the "goon's" boss might have the desired
result. Ask for their feedback IN WRITING so you have something to show the
goon. Talk to your Mayor and Council Members. You could "make a case of it"
and get civil libertarians up in arms (figuratively speaking only!) over the
issue. Local vintage car/Mustang clubs/newspapers etc. can put some pressure
on City Hall etc. Even a simple letter to the Editor of the local newspaper.
Is there an ombudsman for your city?

Sometimes you need to play a bureaucrats game - even in the USA! Consider
REGISTERING it, and putting storage insurance on it (theft, fire, flood,
tornado etc.). Also consider vintage or collector plates if you think it
will qualify for them. Sure, you should not have to do that, but if you are
getting hassled ....

Good luck!

Colin Macgregor Stevens
**** My e-mail system lost 34 messages 2001 July 28, and another 20 or so on
Aug 1/2.. If you wrote then and have had no reply, please send again. ****
NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS to try to avoid lost messages: seaforth72@hotmail.com
Can still reach me at old one: colin@pacdat.net
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
Editor: "Maple Leaf Up!" newsletter & Webmaster
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
(Established 1977) http://www.westerncommand.com
Pitt Meadows (East of Vancouver but not beyond Hope)
British Columbia, CANADA
Owner of:
1944 Willys MB jeep (ex-Norway)
http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/colin_stevens'_1944_willys_mb_photos.htm