Re: [MV] RE SB1438--Action needed now.

From: Claude W. Vaughn (vaughn@totalaccess.net)
Date: Sat Oct 06 2001 - 09:42:59 PDT

John,

I believe S.1438 titled National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2002,
has now been divided into three Senate bills (see Congressional Record, page
S10054). They are:

S.1417 Department of Energy National Security Act for Fiscal Year 2002
     (Engrossed in Senate)[S.1417.ES]
S.1418 Military Construction Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2002
     (Engrossed in Senate)[S.1418.ES], and
S.1419 Department of Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2002
     (Engrossed in Senate)[S.1419.ES]

S.1419 is the Bill still containing the demilitarization section (Section 1062).

Section 1062 is titled:

SEC. 1062. AUTHORITY TO ENSURE DEMILITARIZATION OF SIGNIFICANT MILITARY
EQUIPMENT FORMERLY OWNED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF
     DEFENSE.

Although not as current as it should be, our website (LoneStar MVPA) has quite a
bit of information about his legislation. The site should give you more than
enough insight into the background of this legislation and associated
regulations to talk knowledgeably with anyone, including your Senators and your
Representative. Do call, write or FAX your Senators and your Representative.
Also, and this is important, call, write or FAX the members of the Senate Armed
Services Committee and the members of the House Armed Services Committee. The
LoneStar website address is:

http://www.lonestar-mvpa.org/SB1416_etal.htm

The LoneStar website has a listing of the members Senate Armed Services
Committee. We have not yet provided a list of the House Armed Service Committee
members. You may find a list of members of both the Senate and the House Armed
Service Committee's at the Aero-News Network website. Current, additional
information on the legislation is on their webpage. You will need to scan down
the page a bit. Farther down the page is a list of the House Armed Service
Committee members. Below this is a list of the Senate Armed Service Committee
members. There are either links to their websites or to their E-Mail. The
Aero-News Network site can be found at:

http://www.aero-news.net/

Both sites (LoneStar and ANN) have sample letters.

Again, Call, Write or FAX. The members or these committees need to hear from
you, as do your Senators and your Representative.

Claude.

- - - - -