Re: [MV] Sanding and body prep

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 13:51:03 PST

At 2:28 PM -0500 12/20/01, Sixshoot45@aol.com wrote:
>Hello to the list,
>
>I've been hand block sanding on and off on my Cj2a for months now. Trouble
>is, I don't seem to be getting anywhere. What do yall use for sanding on
>your MV's? A sand blaster is alittle to expensive for me right now, Do
>orbital sanders work ok? The prices on those seem reasonable. If those are
>good, who makes a good one?

Sand blasters aren't that bad really. Sears is likely to have sale's
on air compressors real soon again. Once you get a compressor, the
other tools fall into place pretty quick. I seem to recall seeing
that Sears has a basic sand blasting kit that looks pretty well
priced ($60 or so). Not a full on Sand Blasting Pot, but a nice
compact siphoning type unit. Harbor freight also carries some similar
stuff.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -