Re: [MV] M35 oil pressure at startup

From: Doug Trader (thomasdtrader@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 05:06:10 PDT

Without knowing the start up proceedure for an m35 i
will mention that this problem is a serious concern
for racers. The solution is to crank the motor
without the ignition switch on until the oil pressure
gauge begins to move. Then the ignition switch is
turned on, and the motor fired. I don't know what a
pre-oiler costs but you can accomplish the same thing
with a jumper switch on your starter. Afterall the
real concern is how long will the motor be running
before the oil gets to the journals and bearings.

hope this helps

doug