Re: [MV] Proper use for a Hummer

From: D O (dohe69@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 17:42:07 PDT

Oh no, I can see it now. The media will exploit this and coin the term
"assault vehicle" and create a big stink about how big of a problem they
are. Heck, they already are b**ching about SUV's due to their size. Then
some congressman will do his good deed to society by generating some bogus
bill to ban these "assault vehicles". They will have to come up with some
definition of such vehicle, maybe by the number of tires, size of tires, or
type of tread? Maybe come up with a weighted formula so that commercial
trucks with highway tread would not be included, but anything with 4+
offroad tires of 33" or bigger would qualify. And the more tires the
vehicle has, and the bigger those tires are, the more likely it could be
used to kill many people at once, as opposed to a pickup truck with 235/75
street tread tires.