Re: [MV] [MV]

From: Bruce Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 12:35:45 PST

I would think that after parking and before turning engine off (and
electricity),
you would go set the hand brake.

With a heavy load and surge brakes, it might start tugging at your truck
enough before you could get out and set the hand brake.

The assumption here is that when the trailer is tugging at the truck, it is a
slow
steady tug, and not a jerk, thereby not enough to fully activate the surge
brake
mechanisim.

Disclaimer. I have never seen surge brakes, this is just speculation.

You all DO have hand brakes don't you?

Bruce MVPA 23824