Re: [MV] [MV]

From: Glenn McCalley (glenn@combatcatering.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 08:45:05 PST

Here in Maryland surge brakes are outlawed (I believe) for commercial use.
All the lawn care guys etc. had to get electric brakes installed even though
the trailer came with surge brakes. The reasoning was that not only could
you not apply from the cab but they could not be set when you parked.

Interestingly I'm told that the trailer -rental- people are exempt. You
can -rent- a trailer with surge brakes and use it in your business, you just
can't -own- that same trailer. And I'm sure politics had nothing to do with
that regulation.

Glenn.