Re: [MV] How many vehicles destroyed before making it "In Theater"

From: Bill (bill@welovenh.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 15:04:12 PST

I have never seen this in print or discussed.

Anyone have any idea how many of the WW2 vehicles produced were lost in
shipping due to enemy action?

I know that an LST full of Weasels w/trailers was sunk off of Omaha
Beach on D-Day when the LST they were riding in struck a mine and sunk.

I would assume many, many more were went down with ships that were sunk
by the Wolf Packs in the North Atlantic and by Jap subs in the Pacific.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Bill Wolf

--
..."A good plan executed violently today is better than a perfect plan
executed at some indefinite time in the future.  General George S.

Any ship can be a minesweeper . . . . once.