Re: [MV] IDEA how to fight back against GL

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri Mar 25 2005 - 08:46:57 PST

First, lets select a couple of people in Congress who
sit on committees that would be of some influence to
GL.

Let's also get the name of the CEO at GL and his
address.

After that lets each draft a grievance letter and send
it to those select Congress people with copies to GL's
CEO. For every letter they receive, they estimate
probably 100 others feel the same, so by sending in
just 15 or 20 letters that is a considerable number of
people who feel shafted by GL. Enough probably to get
something started.

I have a problem with this GL policy:

1. If you pay by credit card (as most of us do) and
didn't get your goods but got charged anyway, you
can't file a protest with the card company without
being banned for life from bidding at GL, no appeals
either, you're done! And keep in mind, it's GL who
has your money and your items, but they will call you
the "crook" for merely protesting the charge.

My response to this theft: GL agreed to accept your
credit card/ATM and by subscribing to the card
contract with your bank they agreed to the card use
provision wherein a credit card customer can protest
an unwarranted charge. Every merchant does this, this
is SOP, but NOT high handed GL. NOOOOO...you must ask
on bended knee if its ok with them to file a protest
against them first...what a joke! Totally wrong and
unfair.

We all have our stories and together they ad up to a
rip off scam and lousy customer treatment. Lets fight
back and send letters to the right ears and see what
happens.

http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com/_pr/2005-02-23.html