Re: [MV] Honor and respect for history

From: Mil-Veh Co. (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu May 19 2005 - 14:01:23 PDT

The uniforms, the vehicles, even our flags are just
things, but for me and a lot of us old guys, they
represent the combined hopes and ideals of many
generations and so those "things" are important to us
to preserve and to display when appropriate.

I wore two uniforms, army and navy, three actually if
you want to count my blue police uniform. When I see
folks wearing those old uniforms or driving the MV's
it brings back a lot of memories...that's important
too and I don't care who they are just as long as they
do either respectfully at shows in honor of certain
historical events.

I appreciate seeing the reinactors and the vehicle
restorations, very, very much.