Re: [MV] m35 Problems

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Fri Jul 15 2005 - 18:14:11 PDT

I live in a 'disadvantaged/poor/ignorant/drug-infested' part of
town. Sometimes, I feel as though the occasional crackhead driver
is looking for a way to get into an accident and 'recover money
damages'. I am almost certain of it. Crack is expensive after all.

While pulling into a very long, 'both-lanes-turn' left turn lane,
I had a driver in a 10-year-old toyota just stop short halfway
down the lane. No cars for 60 feet in front, Deuce coming up from
behind. I hit the brakes hard and stopped behind her OK but too
close for comfort really, and she sat there for about 5 seconds,
and then pulled slowly up the remaining 60 feet to the pedestrian
courtesy line to wait for the left turn signal.

Was she 'fishing'? Just stupid? Ignunt? Maybe ill? I don't know.
I got into the other lane to be away from behind her and I did
look over at her to see if the had something wrong, but other
than the cellphone glued to the side of her head, she looked like
she was OK.

Woe be unto willfull causers of accidents when they would find
out it was not the fat-pocketed military that hit them, but just
some judgement-proof guy with an old green truck.

It's for such reasons more than anything else that I keep a very
large distance between the back of the car in front of me and the
front of the truck, and always run with the headlights on. I find
there is not usually time to lean on the horn but just enough to
try and stay out of trouble.

SSG PJ
(I got promoted!)