Re: M1008 CUCV problem/questions - fuel filter mounting unit.

From: Mike Howell (doctormv@frontiernet.net)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2006 - 19:59:59 PST

The bottom one goes to the "water in fuel" solenoid (which I assume just
turns on the light in the dash), the middle one goes to the fuel
pressure switch which is only used in the diagnostic circuit (the big
plug under the dash) and the top one is labeled "fuel heater" (I have no
idea how it works). I think civi filters bases are the same less the
fuel pressure switch. I know they take the same filter.

Your rough running problem sounds like what someone on the list
described when their pump seals were breaking down from modern fuel
additives. Do you know if your fuel has them? Original pumps will start
having little black flakes stopping up the works as the seals start to
break down. This will lead to total failure eventually or so I am
told. Rebuilt pumps use additive resistant seals. I tried to find the
original post but couldn't..

Mike
Tishomingo,MS