Re: [MV] Will I be really sorry if...

From: Brandon (c322348@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 14:12:21 PDT

I hope you have a paved driveway!

Work early in the morning before the sun starts blazing and/or the wind
comes up. If you wet the driveway down before painting you will minimize any
dust from the spray gun getting kicked up and onto the paint. Watch for
overspray on the cat, neighbor's car, etc.

I painted my roommate's pickup in college this way, and he was happy with
the results (much better than with a roller and cheaper than Earl Schieb).
For flat or semi-gloss paint the spray quality is even less important.

I've had great luck with Harbor Freight type imported spray guns painting
everything from etching primer to polyurethanes (and dope) on aircraft.
Clean the gun thoroughly after each session and they work fine.

I think that the surface prep is the most important part of the paint job.
You might want to buy an automotive do-it-yourself painting book if you've
never painted with a spray gun before.

Brandon