Re: [MV] Rich dealers/poor dealers

From: Eugene PANTANO (snoshu@market1.com)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2000 - 10:03:32 PST

I hate to do this on a Holiday..but it needs to be said. A "dealer" and I
have been doing business for quite some time now. I am not a dealer. I am in
the hobby to get what I need and the extra stuff I sort of give up to the
"gang".. This dealer has been getting quite a few items from me because he
can still turn a profit in one way or another even after he pays
shipping..(2 1/2 ton heater kits are a good example).. I recently got a NOS
total top installation kit for a 3/4 ton trailer. I priced it very fairly.
He wanted it and I said okay..well that night a "friend" ( a good friend
I've known for years) came over and needed the trailer kit..so we traded
for it..I got a 1/4 ton 416 trailer for the kit. I informed the "dealer" of
this...and he got angry and told me that he would do no more dealing with
me..excuse me.. I am not a dealer and owe allegiance to no one. I am more
than fair with them (dealers). I also informed this dealer that I have more
of the kits coming and he is first in line..but he still blew me off. I feel
this is very childish on his part..fine with me..but on the other hand, this
guy is a "dealer". When he lost out on the profit he was going to make with
the item he was getting from me, he took his marbles and ran home. Sorry,
but this stinks. Have any of you guys had this sort of dealing with anyone.
I'd like to know if this is very isolated or is there something I don't see
here..Gene