Re: [MV] Axle Nut socket?? for a 5 tonner - M54

From: Randy Orpe (sgtorpe@sierratel.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 21:01:20 PDT

DOUBLE CHECK YOUR TORQUE SPECS!!!! As I recall., the axle nuts for the
bearings are 50 ft lbs or there about. The lug nut torque is about 300 ft
lbs. You torque the bearings down to 300 ft lbs and the wheel won't turn.
Randy

PS, try Harbor Freight for cheap jacks and tools. Not for making a living
with, but ok for occasional use.