Re: [MV] Ammeter

From: Jay (dagobertii@home.com)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 11:00:51 PDT

Hi, John.
If I remember how those work, the gauge is simply set to hold the needle
at a certian level when "x" amount of voltage is passed through it
(14.5V in a 12V system, I think). Even if you reverse the wires, you
still are not going to pass enough voltage through to deflect it either
way. You'd have to get a gauge calibrated to 6V, or get yours
recalibrated. Either that, or test it with a multimeter to make sure it
actually IS working correctly, and then just remark the face of the
gauge to show you where it should be at 6V, regardless of the
"Charge/Discharge" original marking...

Jay Travis