Re: [MV] [MVlist] CadillacGage.Com

From: King (landy@pacificcoast.net)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 05:08:55 PST

----Original Message-----

Here's what I know about a similar situation you have encountered.All of the
pictures and trademark names and numbers that you have used on your web site
would need permission from the original owners to be posted.They have to ask
you or inform you that you are in violation or what ever laws and to remove
thier intellectual property off your web site.For example-years ago Land
Rover went around to all the non- Land rover approved
operations,dealers,repair shops,etc and asked them to remove the Land Rover
oval insignia off thier advertising,signs,web sites etc and they(Land Rover)
had the right and power to do this.
But in your case as far as the domain name goes.It's yours.they might try to
use scare tactics and lawyers BS for you to hand it over but I beleive in
the end you will win.there was a court case not long ago over a local guy
who's name used was Armani like the famous guy in Europe.the local guy
won.Yours is a similar case.I am not a laywer but if it were me you do have
to look at -if it should go to court can you cover the costs and is it worth
it?I would just try to come up with a figure that would be enough to get
some coin on the situation to make it worth your while for not going to court.
Just remember anytime something goes to court-Lawyers never loose but
everyone else does.
Andre