Re: [MV] Late-model Mutt clamp & chain wanted.

From: MThom15@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 04:55:19 PDT

invest@portsmouth-mann.com writes:

> I wonder how the chain was kept quiet during driving??
> Gavin

I have a friend who drives an HMMWV for the Army National Guard here in
Michigan, and their vehicles have a similar setup. They have a chain
attached to an eye bolt in the steering column (not sure if this is standard
equip., or something put on by his unit). While driving, the chain/lock in
his Humvee are places in a small, tight fitting canvas bag, that doesn't
permit it to move and make noise. The bag is then taped to the steering
column to prevent it from dangling. I'm sure the Mutts had some type of
cover on their chains as well. During combat situations however, the chain
is not attached. When you're being fired upon, the last thing you want to do
is fumble for your keys.

Hope that helped.

Matt Thompson
MVPA #21737