Re: [MV] Alcohols

From: Everette Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 04:00:28 PDT

The post about Alcohol is indeed correct - just let me add this --- from
experience

I put Methy Alcohol in gas tank to take water out -- terrible mistake - to
took water our indeed but also loosened stuff that had been stuck to walls
of tank = hard black chips stopped up everything. It also attacks older
gaskets and rubber lines etc.

I suggest you use isopropyl (not sure about spelling) but is what rubbing
alcohol is made from. Do not use drug store off shelf for it is about 80
percent water.

Will not attack stuff in fuel system - I use it to flush brake lines ---
just be sure that you let them set until dry for alcohol under pressure will
vaporize