Re: [MV] Intersting thought on deuce power...

From: Valentine (thebear@seanet.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 09:30:11 PDT

I am in the unfortunate position to tell you that the answer is NO.. The
deuce will not run with a bad intank fuel pump.. However, before you
decide that the pump is bad there is a fuse in the cap on the top of the
fuel tank. There is one fuse on the deuce and this is it. There are three
#12 bolt studs that hold this cap on.. Take the cap off and check the
fuse.. Of course then the question as to WHY the fuse blew if that is the
problem.. Sometimes gunk settles in the bottom of the tank. There is a
screen on the bottom of the intank pump that gets clogged and if that
happens the pump gets no fuel and the fuse goes..

IF that is not the problem and you need a new intank pump be prepared to
have your wallet flinch. The prices I found are harsh.

Verne Valentine
M35A2
MVPA 20863