Re: [MV] The US military is in big trouble!!!! HMMWV from hell...

From: DANIEL PARMLEY Jr. (ARTILLERYDAN@prodigy.net)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 20:46:54 PST

A little different line but I remember a CUCV I got 5 years ago or so.
Originally came from Port Phyneme, CA (I can't remember how its spelled).
Truck did not run. Would not turn over. I put a breaker bar on the thing to
try and turn it over (No movin). Well engine must be locked up. Time to sell
for cheep price. Off loaded it to a friend told him it was locked up some
how. Well he took the heads off only to find corroded heads and little rocks
on the top of the pistons. It looked like they went down to the beach and
put a shovel full of surf and turf down the intake. That also reminds me of
another truck dentless virgin 20,*** miles Well dentless until the ______
(we will leave this blank I am unable to come up with any clean verbiage
during this thought) fork lift driver at the DRMO did his best . LEFT side
two creases from the forks. RIGHT side four creases (you could tell the
first time he tried to pick it up he was to far back, heavy in the front)
back up and ram the truck again. Wow now four creases on the right side.
Literally this truck was dentless, other than this and ran perfect.

Dan Parmley Jr.
Tactical Vehicle Depot
artillerydan@prodigy.net
GPW (1-3-44 SN:170660)