Re: [MV] Mystery Jeep Trailers

From: Maurizio Beretta (pierino@tin.it)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 12:59:57 PDT

In 21.52 26/08/00 +0000, hai scritto:
>I was driving past a second-hand MV dealer here today and noticed a
>number of Bantam trailers in his yard. As I'm after a Bantam I was
>naturally curious. A closer inspection showed that these trailers, while
>being very similar to a Bantam, having the correct handbrake, round
>mudshields, etc, had different panelling. The plates showed that they
>were manufactured by a company called 'Brouwer' or similar, and I think
>they were of Dutch origin. I've never heard of this type of trailer
>before so maybe someone could fuill me in on who, when, where, etc, etc.
>I'm still looking for a real Bantam - a Dutch copy just won't do.
>
>Look forward to hearing from you,
>
>David in Oslo, Norway.

Hi David,

I'm presently restoring an MBT trailer: it's a REAL MBT, I mean all pieces
are the correct ones as per TM, they have the original US marks, BUT the
data plate says it has been rebuilded in Italy in 1960 under the "Marshall"
plan!

In my trailer, also the panels are correct.
the only thing that is missing is the serial number below the left fwd
spring bracket.

have you taken pictures of your trailers ?

and...they are for selling ?

ciao

maurizio
 | | Maurizio BERETTA mailto:pierino@tin.it
/_/()||||()\_\ http://members.xoom.com/pierino
|_\ o||||o /_| Chiasso, 11
|----JeeP----| I - Milan 20155 ICQ # 8438805
|_| |_| ph. + 39 023270228 fax + 39 023270228