Re: [MV] WWII Specific MV List

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 18:56:33 PDT

>.. It is great to see the M-series and
>non-US vehicles get the interest and coverage they do, but it appears much
>of the WWII vehicle folks have been relegated to lurking or have left the
>list.

Sorry but if WWII people are left lurking in the shadows it's totally their
own fault. This list, like all listservs, IS what people post to it. If
people with specific WWII interests do not post messages, comments,
questions, etc. to the list then there will not be any of same on the list.
So start posting.

>. I know however, lots of folks aren't
>interested in the many daily e-mails they receive and would prefer only a
>list with WWII content.

All you have to do is look at the subject line and move on. Perhaps adding a
prefix of "WWII" to whatever the subject line is would make it easier to
parse out what you want???

>My point here is not to fracture or splinter the current lists,

But that's what your doing.

> rather, it
>is an attempt to provide a home for the die-hard WWII vehicle enthusist that
>has left the other list. I will remain on both lists and I hope I can
>entice more WWII specific discussion without alienating the M-series crowd.

Wouldn't it be better to do just that, here, rather than start another one?

That is all,

je