Re: [MV] Anti-theft in MV

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Feb 10 2003 - 16:57:56 PST

At 7:51 PM -0800 2/10/03, Douglas Rhodes wrote:

>What prevents some thug from jumping in and taking off?

complexity, though this is less apparent with a common US vehicle.

>Keyed fuel shut-offs? Remove some ignition wires?

A master cut out that you installed to kill the batteries. I've got
one on the ferret that isn't in plain view and you have to get to to
turn it on. Of course I also have the option of padlocking the bloody
thing to heck when I leave it and sometimes do.

Usually, there is such a crowd of folks around it, I figure a thief
isn't likely to A have time to figure it out. I also tend to have a
quick word with the security/cop on site to make sure noone climbs up
and hurts themselves.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -