Re: [MV] jerry cans

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 03:22:31 PST

To: dirtman42GPW@webtv.net (mil-veh@mil-veh.org)
From: "Raimondo L. Torelli" <thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it>
Subject: Re: [MV] jerry cans

>At 01.21 07/01/01 -0800, DIRTMAN wrote:
>All,
>They have embossed on the side at the bottom "U.S.M.C." Is
>this for sure the abbreviation for the semperfie crowd? Or am I miss
>reading it? AND as this type of can is not very common, how many were
>made and during what time period? Any expert out there? Oh and I have 3
>and all are "CONICO 20-5-42". Tks K

Jan 8 2001

Sorry! But they are not Semper Fidelis ones! The "U.S.M.C." acronym
meaning escapes me at the moment but it is a jerry can manufacturer! In a
of the many manufacturers including it.
Give me some time and I shall try to find it for you.
Perhaps, in the meantime, some member will come out.

Regards and
Keep Them Rolling!

Raimondo - MVPA 15878 & IMPS 2320